BPSC Exam 2020
BPSC Recruitment 2020, Online Application Form, Syllabus, Exam Dates, Eligibility & Criteria, Admit Card
BPSC stands for Bihar Public Service Commission. It is by and for a governmental body associated with the Government of Bihar. BPSC officer, under the constitution of India, abides by following duties and reports to the government of Bihar.
BPSC 66th Notification 2020: Full Notification
BPSC Exam Date 2020:
Pen Drive Course Available for BPSC Exam Preparation: Click Here
The Bihar Public Service Commission has published the latest information containing 66th exam date notification and other important details.
|Date of commencement for Online Registration||End of October 2019|
|Last Date to Submit Application form||2nd week of December 2019|
Last date to submit hard copy of application along with fee challan
|3rd week of December 2019|
|Admit card issue date||2nd week of June 2021|
|BPSC Exam Date||1st week of July 2021 (Tentative)|
|Result announcement||1st week of September 2021 (Tentative)|
- Candidate should have completed Graduation or equivalent from a recognized university.
- The minimum age should be 20 years for Bihar Police Service, District Commandant, and Product.
- The minimum age should be 22 years for the rest of the post.
|Unreserved Category||Male||37 years|
|Unreserved Category||Male||40 years|
|SC/ST Category||Both||42 years|
|OBC Category||Both||40 years|
Physical Ability (For Bihar Police & District Commandant):
|Category||Height||Chest (without expansion)|
|For Others||At least 5 ft 5 inches||At least 32 inches|
|For SC/ST||At least 5 ft 3 inches||At least 31 inches|
|For Females||At least 5 ft 2 inches||-|
Online Application Form:
BPSC is conducting its 66th state civil service exam in the year 2020. The tentative dates have been announced, and once the dates are confirmed and the application form is open to the public, applicants can start applying for the same. Before commencing to fill the form, applicants are required to keep all details ready so that they do not enter the wrong information. There are two modes of submitting the application form – online and offline.
Follow these steps to fill in the online application form:
Click on the online application form.
Fill in all the relevant details with accuracy. Do not enter information that is not supported by documents or that which does not have any legal standing.
Check all the details twice.
Enter fee details.
Upload all relevant documents, scanned the latest photograph and scanned signature.
After all, entries are correct, click on the submit button.
Thus your information is recorded in the application form, and the same has been submitted to the committee. Please note down the reference number that you will get upon the successful submission of the form.
The reference number is to be quoted for all future references.
Next, we understand the offline method. Download the application form and take a print copy of the same. Fill in all the relevant details manually. Attach all essential documents like photos, documents, etc. Along with this, fee paid receipt needs to be attached too.
After keeping all documents ready for submission, it is highly advisable to retain a photocopy with the candidate for future references. You can send the hard copy of your application form with all attachments to the following address: Joint Secretary cum Examination Controller, Bihar Public Service Commission 15, Jawahar Lal Nehru Marg (Baily Road), Patna- 800001
BPSC Application Fee Details:
- The fees for the BPSC exam are to be paid via online mode only.
- To pay the requisite fee, kindly visit the official website of BPSC.
- Select the mode of payment. Payment can be made via debit card, credit card, internet banking, etc.
- After successfully paying the fee you will get an acknowledgment for the same.
Following is the fee structure payable for different categories:
- For candidates belonging to SC/ST – INR 150.
- For female candidates – INR 150.
- For persons with disabilities – INR 150.
- For permanent residents of Bihar (All categories) – INR 150.
- Other candidates – INR 600.
All citizens of India are eligible to apply for the exam.
There is no restriction regarding the domicile particulars of a candidate. Students from other states are also eligible to apply for the exam apart from native Bihar candidates.
Qualification for Bihar PSC Examination:
|Department name||Minimum Educational Qualification|
|Police department of state of Bihar||Graduation in any stream|
|Social Security services of state of Bihar||Graduation in any stream|
|Finance department of state of Bihar||Graduation in any stream|
|IT of state of Bihar||Graduation in computer science or allied fields|
|Cooperative department of state of Bihar||Graduation in any stream|
|Planning services of state of Bihar||Graduation in Arts / Science stream|
|Administrative department of state of Bihar||Graduation in any stream|
Number of attempts:
- For SC/ST, there is no limit.
- For OBC, there is a cap of 9 attempts.
- For unreserved candidates, it is 6 attempts.
- The number of attempts is common for both males and females.
Every year, lakhs of students attempt the BPSC examination. The cut-off percentage for the exam is decided by the committee, depending on the number of vacancies and the number of candidates applied. The toughness of the exam is also a deciding factor. The cut off percentage also varies for different categories. Below we list the probable cut-offs that were formulated for the previous year. Take a look:
- For general category – 100,
- OBC – 96-98,
- EBC – 88-93,
- SC/ST – 80-85 and
- Female reserved category – 87-90
Bihar PSC Exam Pattern:
BPSC 66th Examination needs to appear in two different parts such as:
- Preliminary Examination: This paper is an objective type exam. This paper is based on the qualifying examination for which candidates need to go through multiple-choice questions. One needs to choose the apt answer from the available options. In all, there will be 150 questions for 1 mark each. The exam duration will be for 2 hours.
- Main Examination: This paper is a written test or one can call it a subjective type exam.
Compulsory Subjects in Exam:
- General Knowledge
Process of Selection:
The selection of the candidates is truly based on the performance attained in the exam and interview.
In the written test, there are 4 different papers in the Main examination such as:
- General Studies
- First Optional Paper and
- Second Optional Paper
Total marks for Written Examination are 1200.
Hindi: The applicants need to acquire minimum of 30 marks in Hindi. There will no proviso for counting any extra marks in total marks.
General Studies: It is divided into two different categories such as:
Syllabus of Preliminary Examination:
The following subjects will appear in the Prelims of BPSC 2020:
- General Knowledge
- General Mental Ability Questions
- Indian and World Geography
- Indian Polity and Economy
- Current events of national and international importance
- History of India and Indian National Movement
English: Spotting the Errors, Antonyms and Synonyms, Filling in the blanks, Re-arranging jumbled up sentences, Use of prepositions, idioms/phrases, Word analogies, Test of spellings, Comprehension of passage and answering questions based on the passage
Mathematics: Algebra, Linear Algebra, Calculus, Trigonometry, Analytic Geometry, Ordinary Differential Equations, Dynamics, Vector Analysis, Statics and Hydrostatics, Real Analysis, Complex Analysis, Partial differential equations
BPSC Exam Preparation tips:
Every exam requires good practice and preparation of its own kind. Here we present a few valuable preparation tips to crack BPSC Exam 2020:
Be thorough with the syllabus of BPSC 2020.
Make yourself familiar with the toughness of exam, kind of questions that can be anticipated, etc. from refereeing to previous year question papers.
Practice the habit of making notes.
Stick to the prescribed syllabus in accordance with the good choice of standard prescribed books only.
Reading at least two standard newspapers every day is a must.
Practice comprehensive answer writing methods for mains.
Practice through the mock test series is a value addition.
Strategize your studies with the help of a good time table.
Attend coaching if necessary.
Support your answers with essential aids like diagrams, flow charts, and suggestive examples. Illustrations will also help.
Best books for BPSC Preparation:
There are many books available to guide you through the fixed syllabus. Kindly ensure that you do not stack up a pile of books, which will leave you confused and not knowing what to do. Instead, stick to the prescribed syllabus and the respective set of standard books that will give you the best solution for a particular subject and topic.
Here is the suggestive list of books recommended by BPSC toppers
- NCERT Books (Class 6th to 12th).
- Indian Polity by Shri. Lakshmikanth
- History of Modern India by Shri. Bipin Chandra
- Quantitative aptitude series by R S Agarwal
- Spectrum modern history by Bipin Chandra
- Comprehensive Geography by Khullar
- Indian economy by Shankar Ganesh
- Lucent general science
How to Download Admit Card:
- Make sure to carry the admit card along with you while moving to the examination center.
- The hall ticket can be acquired from the main website.
- Enter your name as well as registration number to get the admit card.
- Take print out of this card for further help.
BPSC Result 2020:
Here are the steps to view your marks and download your mark sheet:
- In the home page on the left panel, click on marks sheet.
- Under the name of exam, select the exam that you have applied for.
- Enter your correct registration number.
- Also enter your date of birth details.
- Fetch your mark sheet to view your marks.